Monday, May 4, 2009

Students In Fashion


  

After participating in Kaleidoscope at California State University, Long Beach, I realized joining the fashion club "Students in Fashion" was one of the best decisions I have made throughout my college career. My initial objective was to gain experience in fashion to make my resume look a little bit brighter, and I did that. (After a long weekend at BOXeight studios as a personal slave for the unorganized producers for Los Angeles Fashion Week, then as a dresser and usher at the actual shows, I was able to finally say that I had experience in the fashion industry. However, I had no idea that I would end up meet interesting people and actually enjoy their company. "Students in Fashion" gives you the opportunity to network and more importantly socialize with people who have similar interests. This is important, because if you are anything like myself, you go to class and head straight home. Although your completing the task of going to school this boring pattern keeps your social standing at level one; because you never get a chance to actually know people who you are constantly around you. If you are a student at CSULB, I would definitely recommend becoming a member of "Students in Fashion". You will have to pay a small fee of admission, around $45. But, the cost is minor compared to all of the people you will meet and all of the things you will learn. I look forward to seeing you at the meetings on every other Wednesday next semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment