Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Plastic Proves to be Friend or Foe?


When it comes to plastic my first thoughts are "Recycle it". When it comes to fashion and plastic my thoughts are always "Trash it".

As a child I witnessed the most horrendus sight, plastic heels in the summer time. Can you imagine it? A pair of plastic pumps were wrapped around this woman's feet on a scolding hot day! 

To say the least they didn't remind me of Cinderalla's sparkling ticket to marriage.

However, Chanel has proved that one mans trash is another mans treasure. Just take a look at Freida Pinto's ensemble from their Resort 2009 collection. The plastic sleeves embellished with dainty flowers lend a touch of elegance to the subtle LBD. Not convinced yet? Check out Thandie Newton.

I don't think I'll ever fancy plastic heels, however frocks that feature plastic details can do no harm.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I enjoyed writing that one.
    Haha it came straight from the heart. :D

    ReplyDelete